Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Migraine (Be Gone) Surprise

Migraine surprise!
It has been a year and a half since I had a real migraine headache episode. I could almost no longer remember how debilitating the pain of a migraine headache is, and I really thought that I was already home free, but today I had a surprise visitor... a very familiar and bad ass visitor! Earlier today I was downed by a migraine headache! I really had to ask myself if it was my gut health going downhill again. (But, it's not that this time...)

You see, migraine headaches that debilitate most sufferers are likely linked to the gut's health, or lack thereof. A very unhealthy gut that is overpowered by Candida overgrowth leads to the development of many modern health issues, which include the very notorious migraine headaches.

Let me make this clear... I have been able to reshape my overall gut health with a powerful, specifically-targeting probiotic that's a part of my well trusted detox system. This has allowed me to become free of my used-to-be-regular monthly migraine headache problem. The brain fog that I used to have around that has also lifted, my severe allergies went poof!, and my entire health has really been reshaped. So, you can just imagine the surprise of mine when I started out with an unusual (and an all-too familiar aura) one-sided headache last night after doing a plyometric workout with the hubby. The trigger? I became so hungry after my workout!

Now I've transitioned into a totally DRUGLESS lifestyle and I no longer take anything synthetic for aches and pains. I do have some natural pain relief capsules available, so I popped two capsules before bed, hoping and praying it will all go away in the morning because I will be able to sleep it away. But the headache didn't go away this time and by 3 o'clock in the early morn, I woke up to a brain-busting-head-cracking-i-just-want-to-throw-up-full-blown migraine headache! 

Now, if you've never experienced a migraine headache before, you ought to be thankful. You are BLESSED to not have to go through a headache that will shut your entire day down. Here's what usually happens for those of us who suffer from it... (For those of you who know what it's like to have a migraine headache, I know you are familiar with the following)...


So my morning schedule was pretty much thrown outside the window today. Hubby and I didn't get to do our scheduled workout, and the kids' homeschooling was placed on hold because teacher mom couldn't make it!

I had to drag myself out of bed to fix some breakfast as my head was already throbbing and aching to the nth level! I felt like I could throw up if I made sudden movements that basically just makes things worse! I knew this could last a day or two as it was already a full-blown migraine headache! My initial plan was to take the fast relief pills round the clock for the next day or two and sleep the entire day or two away. That basically is what would help it go away for me in the past. Then, I remembered that I actually have another arsenal for this that I've never tried before.

Migraine-Be-Gone Surprise!!!
I then remember my box of Everyday Essential Oils that I recently got for our family. So I went to some trusted online resources (I searched online quickly with eyes squinted because I hated the glare of light), and I immediately grabbed five (5) of my everyday oils and used them as follows:

THIEVES OIL - 1 drop on the thumb placed on the roof of my mouth (CAUTION: use ONLY therapeutic-grade oils from here!!!) 
PEPPERMINT OIL - 1 drop spread over my forehead + 1 drop on three different locations on my throbbing head. Then, I placed 1 drop on my hand which I inhaled 5 times.
LAVENDER OIL -  1-2 drops massaged on both my ear auricles, and 2 drops massaged all over the back and front of my neck.
VALOR OIL -  1-2 drops massaged on both my ear auricles, and 2 drops massaged all over the back and front of my neck. 
 FRANKINCENSE OIL -  1 drop on top of my head (with a little prayer to God for His healing grace).
PEPPERMINT OIL -  1 drop in a glass of water. 
If you haven't read my post about essential oils, then I invite you to read about it here. You should NOT use any other essential oils other than the therapeutic-grade oils from Young Living! (Especially, that the above includes some ingesting of the essential oils.)

One full hour later and .......................................................OH MY GIDDIYAH!!! 

My migraine headache LIFTED!!! It TOTALLY, COMPLETELY lifted!!! If you've had migraine headaches and gone through the time when it lifts, the feeling is truly FREEING! It's like an entire Empire State building is lifted off from on top of your head!

My migraine headache was gone. I was able to move around without limitations, and the light didn't bother me anymore. This was around lunch time and I was able to eat under the bright light of the dining area and talk and laugh and move around okay! (Fortunately, hubby and the kids drove through Popeyes for our lunch.

I re-applied the above regimen one more time and gave myself a short nap. I woke up refreshed and without any trace of a migraine headache!

Hey, I felt so good that I was even able to complete an HOUR-LONG shoulders and arms exercise that I had scheduled for today!!! Can you believe how CrAzY that is?! Yeah, me neither! 

So, I just really want to let you know that there IS a way to heal by Design. Trusting in God's available resources for our lives is one huge leap of faith for many... but this leap of faith is oh-so-WORTH IT!!!!!!

If you want to learn more about the Basics of Essential Oils, then I invite you to this FREE 14-Day E-Course that will deliver content directly to your inbox! You won't regret the information you'll learn from this one! It may just change your life! ;)

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts